Thursday, March 19, 2009

Project 1: Redo the Half-bath, Part VIII - FINISHED

My Kentucky grandparents came down with my mom, dad, and sister during the last weekend in February. N and I had worked on the bathroom to the extent of our abilities, and needed help with the plumbing and final touches.

My mother installed the baseboards in the bathroom while everyone else worked on the cabinet, which needed a notch carved out because of a pipe that runs up and out of the sink wall. Eventually the cabinet was installed, the sink was placed on, and the plumbing was completed.

The mirror for the bathroom was installed by my mom, followed by the toilet paper holder, and towel bar. N and I installed the soap dish and shelf the following weekend. There was so much going on that weekend that the final two pieces of baseboard had to be cut, and then glued into place on the wall. I dapped everything up (so much fun! Buy some DAP!), and then painted over the small marks on the walls from installing the hardware.

My mom had bought us a blue towel from Target a couple of months ago on clearance, and we decided to use that along with a picture that was given to us at Christmas. It's got a lot of color, so it contrasts well with the lightness of the room.

I picked out some nice bar soap and pump soap for guests, placed a box of Kleenex in the bathroom, and now people can use this bathroom!









Minor task(s) to complete:
  • Repaint the molding around the door and repaint the door itself.
  • I'm sure that there's something else I'm forgetting, but I'm just so happy with how it looks as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment