Sunday, March 29, 2009

Project 2: The front walkway, Part III

The walkway project has been unhappily neglected the last couple of months. Between finsihing the 1/2 bath (which we begun around the same time), and wrapping up other projects, and the generally cold/wet weather, we haven't made lots of progress. The bed is still being cleaned up, and we haven't really come up with tons of ideas for the space.

However, in order to make it look like we are planning on doing something at some point with the front yard, I decided that the mulch beds around the trees could be redone (the landscaping fabric was showing in places). Then, I was thinking of all the rocks that my mom has been trying to throw away the last, I don't know, several years. I asked her to select some for me, and last week I brought them home.

Friday afternoon I did this:



I love it! I know now that I want to do this for the other two trees, and may end up outlining whatever we do with the front bed, or the vegetable garden out back.

Below are pictures of a balloon that got caught in our tree a few weeks ago. It appeared after Valentine's Day, and disappeared between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning:



3 comments:

  1. Looks really good, and there are plenty more where those came from. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our next door neighbor Gail was working outside yesterday while we were putting away the tools from the garden job, and she mentioned how nice the rock ring looked and asked if we were interested in more rocks. Apparently her son has lots of rocks that he's trying to get rid of from his backyard. Gail said that ours (mom's) look nicer than most of her son's, but if she sees any that she likes she'll bring them by. Your rocks are our landscaping miracle!

    ReplyDelete